At Keetrax you will get to work with some amazing companies from all around the world on a wide variety of projects. While we’re based in Nelson, New Zealand, we have staff working for us globally. So, whether you’re living in Nelson or Dunedin or somewhere in between, and you think you fit the bill then feel free to apply today!
- Full time & part time positions are available.
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- Freelancers/Contractors may apply.
If you do not know how to restart a server via SSH do not apply.
Sounds like you? Email us at [email protected].
Our ideal candidate has the following:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our client’s sites and apps.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent.
The role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites and applications, from layout to function and according to a client’s specifications.
The role will also be responsible for building and maintaining back-end systems related to our client’s websites and web applications. Strive to write well designed, efficient and maintainable code that has no or few side-effects within the scope of the client’s specifications.
- 3 years minimum in web development.
- Knowledge of and experience with PHP and MySQL.
- Experience programming for WordPress.
- Experienced in Git and managing version control.
- Front-end web development experience including HTML, JS and CSS.
- Familiarity with Python, Node and ReactJS.
- Familiarity with Linux environments.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn is a must.
What you will be working on:
- Designing EDMs based on a written brief, or sometimes just a list of deals
- Setting up and sending EDMs in Mailchimp
- Designing website banners and other assets, and uploading them to various different platforms
- Designing social media assets and creating posts on to Facebook / Instagram
- Designing for digital adverts (Facebook, Google Ads, Bing Ads)
- Designing print adverts from concept to execution
- Incidental design work, like logos, packaging designs and ebooks
Role & Responsibilities
- Expert Adobe Creative Suite skills – Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- Mailchimp experience
- An eye for detail and accuracy – because we are remote we expect little back-and-forth; you need to be able to deliver final assets consistently
- Technical skills – i.e. being able to quickly pick up new tools
- Understand the client’s vision and deliver on their objectives
- Good communication skills – you will be working remotely so you need to be able to ask questions clearly and quickly understand project briefs with limited interaction
- Work remotely with flexible hours – New Zealand time zone prefered
- Meet deadlines consistently
We are looking for a graphic/digital designer to join us as a full time contractor. You will be working remotely and independently. To help manage the load, we use a wide range of tools to track time and manage tasks.
What we value:
- Caring – We work hard to make our clients business grow because we care for them. This job is not for somebody that just wants to clock in and out. We expect you to care for the impact that your work will have.
- Lifestyle – We believe that having strong personal interests will make you perform better professionally and creatively. You will have flexible hours, and sometimes life must be able to borrow some from work.
- Being Proactive – Working remotely means that we may not be able to ‘jam’ together, so being proactive and providing input on a regular basis is a key part of our team.
- Staying Positive – We all have bad days and make mistakes. How you deal with this is important: we value finding the positive angle in everything. For example, if a client doesn’t like particular design, we expect you to take this as an opportunity to come up with something different.
- Openness – We care for you too, and there is nothing you can go wrong that will get worse if you bring it up and discuss this. We need to be able trust you to always be open about how the work is going – when it goes well, as well as when you run into roadblocks.
Bonus Skills Or Other Interests
- If you have Facebook Advertising, Google Ad experience
- If you have WordPress, WooCommerce and/or Neto experience (in design, working with etc – not development)
Sounds EXACTLY like you? Email us at [email protected].