Transforming Subscribers into Delighted Customers
In the world of e-commerce, snagging a website visitor as a subscriber is just the beginning. It’s essential also to nurture your subscribers. Nurturing helps you forge a bond that encourages subscribers to buy from your store. In our blog post, ‘The Conversion Crusade: Prioritising Conversions Over Clicks’, we highlight how a strategically written and designed email can help you to hit all the A, B, C, Ds essential for continuous e-commerce growth:
In this blog post, we’re focused on the first email a new subscriber receives from you, the Welcome Email. More than 8 out of 10 people will open a welcome email, generating 4x as many opens and 10x as many clicks as other email types. While most subscribers expect a Welcome Email, the right one can leave a lasting impression and set the tone for the relationship a subscriber has with your brand. But are they effective at turning subscribers into buyers and raving fans? This data makes a compelling case for the yes vote!
The Essential Ingredients of a Standout Welcome Email
Consider some of the Welcome Emails you’ve received. What stands out, and what fails to catch your attention? You’re likely to discover a wide variety of approaches but also these essential ingredients present in most standout Welcome Emails:
- The subject line, ‘Unlock a Myrkl tonight,’ does a fantastic job of letting subscribers know they’re in the right place.
- The design is on brand, and the 15% off + free shipping offer is front and centre to catch the subscriber’s attention.
- A sense of urgency is created around the offer with an expiry time frame.
- This email lays the foundations for a relationship that could turn subscribers into customers by sharing Myrkl’s unique selling proposition and highlighting the 30-day money-back guarantee.
- The on-brand imagery is super cute and appealing to the target audience (breastfeeding Mums), but it also helps to personalise the message.
- A box of cookies is included in the image with the tagline ‘For Your Mum’. This is a compelling way to let a breastfeeding Mum know she’s in the right place.
- The discount with expiry period helps to motivate subscribers to make their first purchase NOW.
- Let’s start with the subject line, which includes $10 off the first order – an excellent reason to buy your first Busy Book.
- The email copy is on brand with the company’s approach of ‘learning is fun’ and empowering children.
- An insight into the company’s values lets the subscriber know what they can expect in the future.
- Product suggestions for different age groups help busy parents find the right Busy Book to apply their discount code.
- The image of a pet owner with their dog and fun language such as, ‘you’re now part of the pack’ makes a new subscriber feel welcomed.
- WildHQ shares its unique selling proposition by highlighting five things it wants a new subscriber to know about the brand and their pet food. Because their product offering is unique, it is a clever way to give subscribers the information they need to purchase.
- The email deepens the connection with a new subscriber by sharing other ways to connect with the brand, including replying to the email and following WildHQ on social media.
First impressions are lasting impressions, which means crafting a Welcome Email that hits the spot with your ideal customers is a good investment in your business.
You could use the tips and examples in this post as inspiration for creating or revising your Welcome Email or contact our digital marketing team to get started designing a welcome email series that warms your subscribers up. Hence, they become your future, delighted customers.